When doing research on pea shoots for another recipe, I came across a gorgeous photo of a salmon dish but alas there was no recipe to go along with it! It must have been from a restaurant. I really wanted to duplicate it and this is what I came up with.
Time: 20 minutes Serves: 2
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp milk
- sea salt & black pepper, freshly ground – to taste
- 2 4-6oz. salmon fillets
- 1 tsp spice rub of your choice
- olive oil spray
- 1 cup pea shoots
- 1 tbsp Kenzoil: olive oil seasoned with fresh basil & garlic. (If you can’t find this product, just combine 1 tbsp olive oil with about 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil and two minced garlic cloves.)
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Steam cauliflower in basket until tender, about 10-15 minutes. Transfer into a pot and mash with a potato masher. Put on low heat and add remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Spray salmon fillets with olive oil spray. (If your salmon has skin, cook skin side down.) Rub about 1/2 tsp spice mix into each fillet. Top with more olive oil spray. Place on baking sheet lined with foil or glass baking dish. Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until flakes with a fork. (If it has skin, carefully remove it, the fillet should lift easily away from skin.)
- Saute pea shoots in Kenzoil over low-medium,stirring, until just tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- Divide cauliflower mash. Top with salmon, followed by pea shoots and almonds. Drizzle a bit of Kenzoil around the mash.