We had a delicious appetizer at our favorite BBQ place (Slows!): enchiladas made with smoked beef brisket. Simple & delicious! I decided to recreate it using leftover pork tenderloin. You can use any type of meat you’d like in here. This is a nice way to remix leftovers.
Time: 30 minutes Serves: 2
- 2 1/2 cups shredded pork tenderloin (mine was slow cooked so easily shredded, you may substitute chicken or anything you choose here)shopping list
- 2 1/2 tbsp sour cream
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded mexican cheese blend, divided
- 6 oz. enchilada sauce (homemade or store bought – I used Trader Joe’s)
- 1/3 cup scallions, chopped
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare an 8×8 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix meat and sour cream in a bowl.
- Reserve 1/2 cup cheese.
- To assemble, spoon some of mixture onto tortilla to one side, sprinkle cheese on top, roll and place in casserole dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Pour enchilada sauce over top of tortillas, then top with shredded cheese. Bake for 30 minutes. Top with scallions.