A fresh, green, quick side dish.
Time: 10 minutes Serves: 4
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lb sugar snap peas, stems snipped & strings removed if needed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- lemon zest from 1 medium lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- handful fresh basil leaves, chopped fine
- sea salt & black pepper, freshly ground – to taste
How to make it
- Bring 6 cups of water to a brisk boil in a large pot. Add salt & peas and cook about 2 minutes until crisp-tender. Drain peas & shock in salted ice water. Drain again and pat dry (may be set aside for up to an hour). Heat oil over medium heat in medium saute pan. Add zest and garlic, saute until garlic is soft but not browned, about 2 minutes. Add peas, lemon juice, and basil; toss to combine. Cook until just heated through, about 1-2 minutes. Season with salt & pepper. Serve immediately.