Yesterday, my beau told me I’m addicted to pasta salad. Maybe I am… Anyway, I had leftover grilled chicken & veggies from the night before so whipped this up to remix them and came up with this tasty treat. Perfect for a light meal or side dish. Feel free to add or subtract veggies or meats according to your taste & what you have on hand.
Time: 15 minutes + chill Serves: 4
- 1 cup (uncooked) short cut pasta, cooked according to instructions.
- 1 cup grilled chicken, cubed
- 1 cup grilled asparagus, diced
- 1 cup grilled zucchini, diced
- 1 cup Persian cucumber, diced
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 1 tbsp Kenzoil: olive oil seasoned with fresh basil & garlic. (If you can’t find this product, just combine 1 tbsp olive oil with about 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil and two minced garlic cloves.)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar & jack cheese
- handful of chives, snipped
- sea salt & black pepper, freshly ground – to taste
How to make it
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well. Eat at room temperature or chill to your liking.