This recipe is based on one I found from “Gina’s Skinny Recipes” at skinnytaste.com. I altered it just to suit our tastes as the original looked great as it was! This reminded me of the rice Chipotle serves.
Time: 10min prep, 20min cook Serves: 6
- 2 1/2 cups cooked basmati rice (about 1 1/4 cups uncooked + 2 1/2 cups water, cooked for about 15 minutes or until moisture is just absorbed)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans (about 1 15 oz. can, drained & rinsed or about half cup dried black beans, soaked & cooked)
- 1 1/2 cups corn (about 1 15 oz. can, drained)
- 2 tbsp lime juice (fresh squeezed)
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1-2 large scallions, trimmed & sliced
- 2-4 tbsp roughly chopped cilantro (amount according to your taste)
- salt to taste
How to make it
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix to incorporate.