This recipe came about when I had an abundance of radishes and a hankering for pickles.
Time: 30 min + chill
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 10-12 medium radishes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 medium or 1 large shallot, sliced thinly
How to make it
- Place the vinegar, water, garlic, salt and sugar into a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Place radishes and shallots in a 24 oz. glass jar (or similar sized container that can be sealed airtight).
- Pour liquid over top. Allow to cool to room temp before sealing.
- Place in refrigerator and chill.
- They stay crunchy and flavorful for up to one week.