An episode of Man Vs. Food inspired my beau to make these delicious burgers.
Time: 15 min Serves: 2
- 1/2 pound ground sirloin
- Lawry’s Seasoned Salt - to taste
- black pepper, freshly ground – to taste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup Grolsch beer or similar
- 2 slices (about 2 oz.) extra sharp cheddar cheese (we used Hoffman’s)
- 2 Brioche buns
- spicy brown mustard
- 4 slices fresh tomato
- 4 pieces romaine lettuce
- Kosher dill pickles
How to make it
- Put water in medium skillet and heat over medium.
- Season beef with Lawry’s and black pepper. Separate into 4 equal portions and roll into balls. Flatten to between 1/4 – 1/2 inch thick. Fold cheese slices so stacked 2×2 inches. Place in center of one patty, top with another patty and gently press edges and if needed push edges back up to retain patty shape. Repeat.
- Place patties in skillet. Cover and cook about 2-3 minutes on each side, until water evaporates. When turning patties be careful not to press down or squeeze. Add beer after water has evaporated, cover and continue to cook 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove from heat.
- Note that some cheese will leak out and it’s best not to over handle to meat as it compromises the juiciness.
- Serve with recommended fixings or your favorites.