Another great use for those fresh, abundant summer zucchini.
Time: 30 minutes Serves: 2-3
How to make it
- Bring broth to a boil in a small saucepan, then reduce heat to low & keep warm.
- Squeeze excess moisture out of shredded zucchini using a clean dish towel or paper towels.
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan/skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and saute 2-3 minutes – until softened – stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and crushed red pepper. Saute for another minute.
- Add rice. Stir to coat & toast for 1-3 minutes.
- Carefully add vermouth/wine and cook, stirring, until no liquid remains, about 2-3 minutes.
- Begin adding stock 1/4 cup at a time, stirring after each addition until most of the liquid is absorbed before adding more.*
- Fold in zucchini with last 1/4 cup of stock.
- Stir in basil and Parmesan, mix well and remove from heat.
- *This process takes about 20 minutes in total. Rice should be creamy (not mushy) and slightly firm in the center. If your rice hasn’t become tender enough by this point, add more liquid by 1/4 cup measures using same technique – may use more stock or water.