A lovely summer salad for a Michigander, or anyone I also love to prepare it in the fall during apple picking season.
Time: 5 minutes Serves: 4
- 4 cups cooked cubed chicken (I grilled mine withsalt & pepper and olive oil)
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted if desired (may sub walnuts)
- 1/3 cup dried cherries (Michigan if possible)
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced gala apple
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped *optional
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped *optional
- sea salt & black pepper, freshly ground – to taste
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
How to make it
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. In a separate smaller bowl combine mayo, yogurt and lemon juice. Slowly add to larger bowl, mixing as you go so you don’t overdress. If you like your chicken salad with more dressing/sauce, feel free to add to your liking. Chill or serve at room temperature. Serve on a fresh croissant, bed of greens, or wrapped up in a large leaf of romaine or butter lettuce.