These are a fun way to celebrate National Pretzel Day! I got inspiration for this dessert from a cook named nicoled on Tasty Kitchen’s website.
Time: 40 minutes Serves: 9
- 8 tbsp butter, melted plus extra (about 1tbsp) for greasing the pan
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup crushed pretzels, divided (I used cajun seasoned pretzels)
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F. Brush an 8×8 baking pan with butter, line with a sheet of parchment leaving 2″ overhang on both edges. Butter the parchment.
- In a large bowl, whisk butter, sugars, and Nutella until smooth. Whisk in egg and vanilla. Add flour, mix just until moistened (do not overmix). Fold in 1/2 cup of crushed pretzels. Transfer batter to prepared pan and spread in an even layer with a spatula. Sprinkle evenly with remaining crushed pretzels.
- Bake until tip is golden brown and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20-30 minutes (mine took 25 minutes). Set pan on a wire rack and let cool completely. Using parchment overhang, lift bars from pan and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into squares (I cut mine into 9 large ones, you can make them smaller if you wish). Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days – if they last that long!