This cookie recipe came about when my beau requested something buttery but didn’t give me much more to go off of. So, we started tossing some ideas around based on what was in the pantry and here is the result. I think these would be lovely with dried cranberries or cherries added as well. These cookies are a great way to celebrate World Pistachio Day!
Time: 20 minutes Serves: 24
- 3/4 cup butter, room temp (can probably get away with 1/2 cup but we wanted them very buttery)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups AP flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli)
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped pistachios
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugars together. Add milk, extracts, and egg. Mix well. In a separate bowl combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture and mix until well incorporated.
- Gently fold chocolate chips and nuts into dough. Form balls about 1 tbsp each and lightly flatten (just about half way down). Be sure to leave room between cookies b/c they will spread as they bake.
- Bake in middle rack for 10-15 minutes. 10 minutes will yield softer cookies, 15 more crisp. We baked ours for 12 minutes and they were crispy on the outside and soft in the centers.
- Transfer to cooling rack. Once cooled, store in an airtight container.
Find interesting facts about pistachios here.